Publisher NEWDIAMED publishes books, pamphlets, manuals, journals in the medical, pharmaceutical and pharmacoeconomic issues. The task of publishing house - the popularization of scientific knowledge and the results of original research. Honesty and high ethic standards - the basic principle of publishing NEWDIAMED, which in its work adheres to neutrality on all issues published in journals .
The publishing process material includes several steps. Accordingly, the author, editor, reviewer, publisher and owner, who owns the journal , are required to comply with ethical norms and rules at all stages of publications, ranging from the provision of article and ending its publication in the journal.
Newdiamed publishing house follows norms of such associations as Committee on ethics of scientific publications (COPE), the International committee of editors of medical magazines (ICJME), the World association of medical editors (WAME), the European association of scientific editors (EASE).
- In carrying out its duty must act objectively and fairly, without discrimination based on gender, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, ethnicity or geographic origin of the authors, not to abuse official position.
- Editors are responsible for everything that they publish and therefore they have to take all reasonable measures for ensuring quality of this material. Decisions of editors on acceptance or a rejection of the document for the publication have to be based only on importance, originality and clarity of article, and also on relevance of a research in relation to competence of the journal.
- All articles submitted by the author to the journal have to be estimated objectively, from the point of view of their scientific importance.
- Editors have to monitor providing that the materials presented to their journal remained confidential in the course of check.
- Editors can be published in their own journal, but they shouldn't use the position. The journal has to have the procedure of processing of representations from the editor or associate editors which guarantees that the independent review is processed irrespective of the author \editor.
- The editor's relations with the publisher (the owner of the journal) have to be based on the principle of editorial independence. Editors have to choose material on the basis of his quality, relevance, suitability for the reader, but not for immediate financial, political or personal benefit COPE
- All complaints and contradictions have to be considered in due time according to policy of society. It is necessary to give the chance to the author to respond to all complaints and to prove the available divergences. Editors have to be always ready to publish corrections, explanations, retraktion and apologies, when necessary http://www.ukrio.org/home/ . All documentation concerning complaints has to be kept.
- Editors have to give rekomedation to reviewers about everything that from them is expected (http://www.publicationethics.org).
- Editors have to provide protection of identification data of the reviewer – if they have no open system of the review which is declared to authors and reviewers.
- To make the right decision about the appropriateness of publishing the article, the reviewer must act objectively and in a timely manner. The personal criticism of the author isn't pertinent.
- It is essential to respect the confidentiality of any information provided by the editor or the author. The reviewer should not take for himself a copy of the article.
- The reviewer has to refuse consideration of manuscripts in which he has a conflict of interests as a result of competitive, joint or other relations or communications with any of the authors, the companies or institutions connected with documents.
- It is necessary to warn the editor about the material which was previously published in other journals.
- In case of a potential conflict of interests reviewer should warn the editor and send it to the knowledge of an article to another reviewer.
- The author has no right to grant the same article to the publication of several scientific journals. In the case of the information in the article, which was previously published by other expert, the author must indicate the source and author of the cited information.
- The author needs to confirm that his article is original and to specify sources of the quoted information, in the presence of that, for obtaining permission of the reference to works of other authors.
- It is necessary to declare the potential conflict of interest, if any.
- During the entire process of publishing the author is obliged to cooperate with the editor and publisher, correcting, adding and subtracting material, if necessary.
- The author takes full responsibility for possible plagiarism of text patterns, and other information. Any violation of copyright will be considered according to the COPE algorithm.
Obligations of publishing house
- The publishing house guarantees that the published material conforms to all standards stated above.
PROCEEDINGS deviation from the established ETHICS
- In the case of lawless and unethical behavior of any of the participant in the process of publication at any stage it is necessary to bring to the attention of the chief editor or publisher.
- Who informs the editor or publisher of the deviations from the ethical norms must provide sufficient evidence. All statements and appeals are accepted, reviewed and processed.
- When collecting the evidence it is necessary to avoid any charges.
- The decision to conduct an investigation takes editor, which if necessary can ask for advice or assistance to the publisher.
- The author anyway should be allowed to answer any charges.
- Consideration of insignificant deviations doesn't need consultation of a large number of experts.
- When there is a serious deviation the employer of the accused should be notified . Editor or publisher, together with the scientific community decides on the need to involve employers or investigation is carried out by examining the available data, in consultation with experts.
The consequences of deviations from ethical norms
- Official letter to the author or the reviewer with an indication of the deviation in order to prevent deviations from the ethical norms in his subsequent articles.
- The publication of the official prevention with the detailed description of deviations.
- The publication of article with specification of deviations.
- The official denial of the publication, as well as the official head of the author notice reviewer Agency abstracting and readers.
- A ban on the publication of the author for a certain period of time.
- Transfer of the investigation results in superior organisation for further decisions
WITHDRAWAL OF ARTICLES
- Withdrawal of already published article is an extreme measure and is used in case of opening of the facts, not previously known in the course of the review.
Mechanism of withdrawal of articles
- Identification of the facts of a violation of the law.
- Detection of false or inexact data, especially those which can constitute a risk for health.
- To initiate the removal of the article can be authors, readers, reviewers, editors and publishers, by written request to the editor of the journal .
- The decision to withdraw the article takes the commission to resolve the conflicts of the journal in the presence of facts sufficient to withdraw.
- Commission notifies the removal of the initiator of the article on the results of consideration of the application in writing.
- In case of withdrawal of articles from the journal there will be a publication about article withdrawal, stating its data.
- In the case of journal articles indexed by any databases, the databases sent a letter stating that the article is withdrawn, specifying the reasons of withdrawal.